2.04.2009

Morning Shot of Vodka.. (cont..)

Lonely..
Like the corridors of my mind.
Misted..brown eyes drowning.
Eyes that once saw the way things could be.
Faded memories.
Of the smiles we left behind.
Smiles we shared when we said "I love you"..
Loved for being just who we are.
I thought our love would last forever..
I dreamed of living the dream I've held tightly to for years..
Loving who I am..letting go of who I was.
Anticipating who I am to become.
You accept me. You allow change.
You and I become "We"..
Fear scurries in.
Fear of the mutilated losses.
Anticipating the gain..
Expecting you to sooth past & future heartache.
Didn't realize the present pain..What's worst?

I don't feel I have a heart to give you..
It's gone,chief..

"Gone" is a place I long to be.
We often spoke about that,remember?
How nothing matters.
Nothing ever mattered but,our love.
Love shared. Love learned. Love lost.
Uncompromising. Everlasting.
Inevitable. Contingent.
Surfaced and hallow..
Real love.
Civil & chaotic.
Broken.
Immediately restored.

Real love.
I taste it. Tastes like, the sweetest merlot..
Romantic like, the enchanting Grecian skies,my grandfather speaks of..
Lively like,the soundtrack of New Yorks Burroughs,I've marched to.
I realize to Love is to Live.
To Love you. To Live for us.
I glance left.
My nightstand. Your photo.

You say it was taken for me..
Worry broods.
Questions blossom.
Truth subsides.
Did you ever really love me?


Leave your answer after the beep..

*Beep

No comments:

Post a Comment