2.07.2009

Another day in the life..

Today has been a pretty serious day..

-Can we say EXHAUSTED? I'm literally slugging around. Domenic, a photographer and mentor of mine flew in from DC yesterday and we had a shoot scheduled at 9am this morning..two female models..seven looks (make up and wardrobe)..lunch with a few salon owners in the area- because Domenic is thinking of buying property here to open a Salon/Spa-then,back to shooting.

-I had a meeting with an official "Bridezilla" at 8a, which was absolutely pointless..(she just wanted to inform everyone-at 8am-that she'd changed the color of the dresses two wks before the wedding),mind you,I didn't need to be there,she could have emailed me this information...but,if you're a gay male,you know and understand how it is with females when they get super clingy and all "friendy friend friend" with you,lol..I'm just the make up artist..I designed your wedding dress..if the meeting had nothing to do with my recieving of the other 50%,pay for rendering the service, then you shouldn't have requested that I attend this "meeting".

--Anyway, so I went to bed late..woke up at 4:18am..thinking, it was time for me to wake up..it wasn't..so,I tried to go back to sleep. Couldn't. Mind you,I've been suffering with a minor head cold..major sinus pressure..so excruciating to the point where when I blink,my eyes hurt and they begin to water!! That's never happened to me before! So,you can imagine my discomfort.

-But,back to my day..oh and by the way,I'm not complaining..Just wanna talk about my day. Since I have no one else to talk to..why can't I talk to you?? Ok..so,I made a stupid decision this morning..as I stood in my closet for 27 minutes,trying to find something to wear..when I could have easily slid on a pair of jeans and my ex's hoodie..right? Well,I'm officially an idiot. I opt for a pair of skinny dark blue jeans (size 26)..not uncomfortable..but,not the most comfortable to work in all day..especially when they're tighter around my shins..the MBIB tour tee shirt, the hoodie under my Marc seersucker tracket..and a pair of fucking boots. A pair of vintage flat riding boots,with a wooden sole..I'd gotten from New York Vintage..I normally wear two pairs of socks with them..but,since I was operating on close to NO hours of sleep..I grabbed them from the top of my closet and headed to the car. Allow me to explain these boots..they reach mid shin..they're butterscotch leather..very soft..I had to have them because the toe was scratchy and they have this leather braid detail strap up the sides..I died (D.I.E.) when I saw them,lol! I need you imagine my discomfort..like,I'm wearing sweat pants and my UGG boots and they're agitating my feet..so,we're walking around the loft space..we go to different hotels to shoot..we stand on the rooftops..we walk on pebble roads (uncomfortable)..I'm standing up to do a face..to clothe the models..I'm standing there to assist Domenic with reflectors and props and shit..[keep in mind,I'm not complaining]..I was just working my ass off..I'm sure I lost about twenty thousand centimeters off of my waist& shins..just by standing there and walking and bending and picking up brushes..clamping extra fabric..[I'm babbling..]

Fave look from 1st girl: Mustard cowl neck knit sleeveless top,black high waist pencil,black leather harness buckle belt and an electric BLUE peep toe mary jane...dark lip..soft eye..

Fave look from 2nd girl: Black blazer (beautifully cut),grey & pink flannel shirt (oversized) worn over grey thermal pants and black pumps..brwn,blk & white leather belt (indian inspired) and the icing on the cake was the pearl beaded neckpeice that added the extra "oomph",I needed..hair pulled back..pale lip..strong eye..

I'M GREAT AT WHAT I DO.
(damn,I wish I had underlined this..)

-Ok,so I get home at 9:48p..instead of getting in the shower or even being close to relaxing,I have to wait for two clients to come to the house and have their faces done for a Mardi Gras ball on tonight..so,I wait and wait and wait for them..they don't get to me until 11:05p..by that time I'm pissed..annoyed..AND TIRED! Oh,gawd. So,I finish they're faces and I have to do my mother's make up for a party she's been invited to last minute..so,now..I'm even more pissed..but,she looked absolutely amazing at the end of the session. So,I was pleased.,nonetheless..and even if I'd taken mud and smudged it all over her forehead tribal style,I'm sure she would sport it and look fabulous..feel fabulous and love it because I did it. Lol. She looked amazing. After all that..I was inspired..so,I run into her closet.. (actually,it was a room specified for family room..)..so,I run into her closet..aaaallll the way to the back to her gowns and pull out a gown she purchased when he attended the Grammy's in 2003 but,had never worn..from where? Where else? New York Vintage. Givenchy archive..black lace with satin band around waist..giving that wasp appeal..deep v neck..scoop in back..Gorgeous.
--It's so funny,because when she purchased the dress,I didn't really appreciate it..but,I was in high school..I had been exposed to fashion but,I was only accepting what I felt was fashionable..so,we accessorized with diamond jewelry..an antique watch,her grandmother left her..and a few bracelets toppling over the right wrist. Yeah,so now..I'm sitting here blogging..bored..with noone to talk to..when I should be out partying with Domenic,Lisa and her husband..but,we all are so fatigued,it's ridiculous.


And,I'M SKINNY!!! I shouldn't be this worn out..

I wish I'd come home to a man..with a meal cooked..he sitting on the couch watching ESPN..
I walk through the door and he looks at me and smiles..
Gets up,helps me with my things..
I sit on the couch next to him and he takes off my shoes to massage my feet as I tell him about my day..
Then,kisses my forehead when I fall asleep in mid sentence.
He lets me rest for a while..but,then-
He scoops me up and carries me to bed..
Then,he goes back to the LR to finish watching the game,lol.

Yeah,I want that..
Until then,you know what I'll opt for.. don't cha?

Where's that VODKA?




Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment