2.16.2009

Recap of Friday unto Today..

As some of you may know,Mardi Gras here in New Orleans is one of the most important times of the year. So, this leading up to prom season keeps me pretty busy. This past weekend has been pretty interesting. On Friday,I had a hair appointment,which turned me into this crazed rock star. It's wonderful. I'll post a pic sooner than later for your viewing pleasure,lol. But,uh..let's see..ok,so Friday,like I said,I had a hair appointment,it's very haute (hot) words can't express..had to shop for a client who had a concert to attend..(lucky me)..I grabbed a tulip skirt in this really nice blue shade..we paired it with a beige studded tank from a local boutique and a pair of purple,black and grey Prada-esque platform and capped the look with a black leather jacket. To balance the hard/soft. Pretty nice. I must say.
She looked phenomenal.
Um,I went home and rested to anticipate the "Lover's Holiday"
-the one holiday I dread most of the year.
So, Saturday,my mom woke up about 9am,with a cute card and a box of Godiva white chocolate covered strawberries,which she'd dug into..
(it was suppose to be a dozen,let's just say when I got to it I had half of a dozen..)
She bribed me with sentiments and treats because she needed my help in her "big closet",as she calls it. (Remember the room that she turned into a closet? Yea..that one..) She wanted me to help RE-organize it. Mind you my mom has a shit load of clothing..it's not funny. By the end of the day,there was furniture delivered (from her beau), three totes of purses, four totes of shoes..and two EXTRA racks added to the walls for some other shit..and mind you this isn't including the clothing that's already hung upon the racks or the shoes that are on the shelves. I'm not complaining,of course..because that's her thing..my closet is filled to CAPACITY. I literally have to fight with my clothes to either put something in or take something out


(no exaggeration)


It's inevitable.


(sigh)


Anyway,so once we complete that task..we head out to have lunch and before we embark upon this shopping excursion. We grabbed a bite at this restaurant called "Dress It"..it's a burger joint. Really cute atmosphere. There's wonderful music playing and there are figures drawn on the windows flying with garments to dress the naked figures. It was nice.I had to run around the city pulling dresses for 4 clients for the Zulu ball on this Friday..I'd say,I was lucky enough to get about 12 dresses..different shapes,different sizes..shoes..hair pieces and a scarce selection of jewelry..I can't really pull SERIOUS jewels..they'll have to get those on their own..After we concluded the excursion,we headed to my dad's grave stayed there for a few and headed back to the house. We get to the house about 3p..as soon as we get settled in the house the doorbell rings,it's UPS. We rush to the door. I'd already been expecting something,so I knew it was for me. I get to the door and there are two large boxes for me. Both bouquets..One from DJ..I,of course, open his first. To my surprise,they're my favorite flowers Tulips. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I couldn't stop smiling. The second box was a box of Peruvian Lillie's & six red roses from JB. Which I found it shocking that he would even think of me on Valentines day,after our little spat last year. So,I contacted them both and thanked them for the beautiful flowers. One meant more than the other..which? I dare not tell. (lol) So,after all of that,I talked on the phone a bit and watched television until about 10p,my mother had a function to attend,so we headed out.
Sunday morning was the most interesting of them all. We woke up to go to church..which drove me insane. I'm really not into church like I use to be. It's too much like an organized cult..and I can't tolerate it,anymore.
Anyway,so..we attend the earliest service..as usual..8am..after service we mingle a bit and head to Sharon's place (Sharon is a client/church member) in Eastern New Orleans. Once we arrive,I immediately start to layout the pieces I'd pulled for the clients. It's only 5 of them, but you have to have choices..do you not?
Arriving one by one..some two & three..we started trying on the dresses and polaroid them..There were so many "oohs and ahas",I don't remember which one picked which,lol. So,we came to wonderful agreements and the dressing went beautifully. Of course,we faced some issues with the face charts,I'd created but,other than that..everything went smoothly. So,we left Sharon's to head back home to change for a party our church was throwing in honor of the new location being completed. So,we attend..I,of course,felt uncomfortable..I wore wide legged Citizens..a plaid shirt..khaki safari jacket..brown shoe..skinny belt to cinch my already tiny 26 inch waist..(jeez)..So,I had a ball. Enjoyed myself. After a while,I'd gotten the worst headache,so of course,my mood changed,but nonetheless..I enjoyed myself. After the service we went BACK home.
After we'd arrived home,I chatted with my friend Du Jon and Paris for a minute..then had to jump up for a little dinner/party that Eli had put together,since he'd broken up with boyfriend,he felt the need to rejoice and throw a "divorce party"-something I've only heard of with the ladies of Park Avenue. So,I ran into my closet and spent about an half of hour trying to find something to wear. So,I decided to dress it up but, not too much..I wore a cotton Ralph Lauren oxford under a black tuxedo jacket and a pair of skinny Cheap Monday's with my fantastic black pointed toe shoe..I arrived feeling fantastic. I didn't enjoy myself. I sat with Eli on the couch yip yapping about his boyfriend's wrong doing and how he was soo glad he didn't have to deal with that anymore..Of course,I agreed with him. It's wonderful being single..but,I'm actually on the verge of changing that! (lol)
There was white wine,which became my only friend at the party..I grabbed the bottle and sat it between my legs keeping my glass on full until there wasn't anymore. I sat there by MYSELF. No one talked to me. Many spoke to me. But,no one talked to me. Which was fine. Until Jody & Velle showed up! I went berserk! So,excited to see them. They're my friends from NY,so they understood my discomfort. We stood there laughing and talking about the other guests..how they were dressed in tee shirts,jeans and sneakers and we were all dressed up for the occasion..the invite did say "Singles Dinner"..lol,but whatever..Jody wore high LV sneakers, khaki cotton trousers,striped button down,bow tie and a brown leather bomber jacket..Velle wore a short jersey dress in jewel green..cinched her waist with a turquoise belt with a large gold buckle..and a pair of gold Gucci platforms..sick. They went crazy over my new hair and we spoke about how I need to get back to New York.. I concurred of course. We grabbed another bottle and Velle & I started dancing to music we would normally hate..until they played "Swagga Like Us" by MIA & the Rap Pack..(Jay,TI,Wayne,& Mr. West.). Then the attention was all on us..We were the most fashionable people in the place. Although Eli through the party.. he wasn't dressed that chic. (Sorry,E.) He wore black pants a black and white graphic tee under a striped cardigan and converse. It's your party. You should look fantastic. What the hell happened,E.?
Anyway,so Velle & Jo are here for Mardi Gras. They're originally from here,so they love it. Me? Not so much.
But,it's going to be great,I'm sure. So,they followed me home..my mom made them spend the night because it was soo late and there had been some sort of crime scene outside the subdivision. It was nuts. If I hadn't been so toasted,I probably would have paid more attention.
Today..Monday..it's a Monday,what can I say? I woke up at about 7a..Jody & Velle were gone. They left a note telling me what hotel they're staying in and for me to call them if I wanted to hook up later. I'm so exhausted. It's been a crazy weekend..It's crazy that I get to rest on the weekdays..normally,weekends are the mellowest of times..
Let's see what the week has in store..
Jay Lee says it's going to be a "Blahhhh" week..
I certainly hope not. I have a new cut,for crying out loud!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment