1.11.2009

Ethic Living.Wiser Encounters.

I recently embarked upon this literature binge and I must say it's been quite enlightening. I've always suffered from "incompletion syndrome",lol. I never really complete anything,so this year,I am determined to finish everything I commence.
-I recently jumped into this amazing book by author Derrick Bell by the name,"Ethical Ambitions". May I deem it absolutely wonderful! I doused myself in this literary amazement park,I felt brand some kind of way by the end of the book,that I completed in the course of two days. It was wonderful and captivating. Kudos to Mr. Bell, who spoke about Gnostics-spiritual truth in which I would like to study a bit more. The different chapters were focused on Passion,Humility,Evolving Relationships and Restoring Faith,which he conducted in such a way to teach that in everything we do, we must do it ethically. An unethical life isn't a life at all. There was a particular part in the chapter focusing on Faith,when he spoke about the Disciples conversation with God. When they asked what should they do now that Jesus was being crucifed. Questions were formed like, "Should we fast?", "How should we diet?" and many others,they don't quite come to mind as vividly as I would have hoped,but ONE thing that does come to mind and as bright as lightning,may I add-was Jesus' response. He spake a simple phrase:
Do not lie. And,do not do what you hate.
-That made my eyes well. I'd decided that I would attempt change. And,hold steadfastly to his request.
-Stop lying and stick solely to what I love. How wonderful?
This book was absolutely informative on soo many levels. Not only on spiritual levels but,every aspect of life. You all need to go out and purchase this book. Full of wonderful wording and great uplifting spirits,which you can tell in his writing. I'm trying to learn more about why we do what we do and the characteristics in which we indulge. I'm trying to make amends with broken relationships and just keep it 100% within myself. I'm looking forward to indulging in Gnosticism. Breaking the breaking barriers between the spiritual "myths" and merging truth with what we've been taught our entire life. What science,technology and real life-has brought us to believe. I love that things are clearing up for me in the religious aspect.
-But,this year,I desire nothing more than to know myself. That's all. Thank goodness for the spirit of evolving.

No comments:

Post a Comment