4.01.2009

Thoughts of the day..[4/1]


16 more days,before launch! And,boy am I excited!
I'm so anxious,I'd decided not to do my hair until the day before I leave.
It's going to be a challenge,but I think,it would be well worth it.
But,unfortunately,I made an appearance at the salon and felt compelled to have it styled properly. Soooo,I'm seated here under the dryer,at my moms salon..with newly painted shiny black nails and my hair slicked down to my forehead giving that "Little Richie" effect...It's sort of embarrassing being the ultra flamboyant one. Of course,it's kinda like my salon,because I micromanage,I stand on the marketing side mainly,but it's all good,I guess?! Right? Now,if I get a client,that's totally different. So,I'm just going to blog aimlessly...whatever comes to mind,I'll throw it out there. If some vulgarity poops it's way in-interjecting every now and again-understand I deal with a mild case of Touret's..which (please forgive me) I find it very funny..not in a making fun of them sort of way..but,in a "I've only every experienced the comical side of it,up until I sat on the train next to a guy and I,literally,pissed my pants discreetly laughing. But,yea,man..

Yesterday,nothing major happened..besides coming across a really nice guy,who gets "it". "It" being my style,my attitude..you know? Clairvoyance kicks in..feeling a certain way. Dude is mad genuine,very upfront..very straight forward...I can dig it. So,I spent the majority of my day chatting with him on the phone,laughing and comfortably conversing. I had an event at 5 o'clock, got there at 5:45p..super late,I was scheduled,last minute, to sing at a friend's engagement announcement at her church. So I sang."Encourage yourself" and "Memories" by Barbara Streisand..Looking very out of place..in black bubble pant...very fitted jean jacket,I love so much..and a white button down with a dress shoe of course,when the event was over,I tried to scurry quickly to the car,but everyone wanted to talk and yip yap in the vestibule...we stayed an extra hour. We went to a restaurant,but we all decided to leave and go home. We parted ways and I went home and went straight to bed. I returned a few phone calls and fell directly to sleep.

This morning,I wake up and get a call from Comedienne, Sheryl Underwood's team,asking if I'm available to do her make up for Essence Fest. So,that's fantastic,another great detail to insert into the resume`..lol..uhm..so,I head straight to my friend,Josiah's house and we roll up,light up... then we sit and listen to music..watch a movie (What's eating at Gilbert Grape?) Then, we roll up another,lit it up..and another is rolled..and waiting. I'm stoned out of my mind. Josiah aka Josh is sitting next to me,with his toy Chihuahua,"Chico" in his lap KNOCKED OUT! Lol! Hilarious. Feet propped up,dog in his lap,head aaaaaaalllllll the way back..wait,he's waking up...he's waking up...lol! What did I eat to day?Now,I'm having a blueberry bagel with turkey and pepperjack cheese and a glass of cabernet...and I'm sneakily feeding Chico pieces of turkey.

I feel like,one of those school girls who meet a guy and sort of likes the guy and writes in her online diary...because she knows he has access to it...

Start.
Shut Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment